Friday, November 7, 2008

Propaganda


The election is over but for some reason my kids wont let it go. They thought they were the coolest ever when I gave them "I voted" stickers. I thought it would be a good idea to let the older ones watch as Mr. Obama gave his speech Tuesday night (It is history in the making and all). After a few minutes I changed my mind. So many questions and comments and generalizations. Far too much grown up stuff to wrap their little brains around. They have all heard a few things from other grown-ups and also kids at school. Chandler says he would vote for Obama 'cause his name sounds cool. (Why kids don't vote.) The kids started questioning who we were voting for and then the discussion of Democrat vs. Republican. Chandler says "Well, I'M NOT voting for a democrat!" Why not? "because it just sounds bad, DEEM-O-CRAT (shiver and dirty look)". I think he was trying to say that the Demo sounded like demon to him. Anyhow I'm leading up to the reason for this post. I was up in my room getting dressed and ready for the day and overheard Daniel interrogating his 2 year old sister. I peeked down the stairs to see Daniel leaning into Abby's face (Abby standing there naked of course). Daniel: "and who are you voting for Abigail?" Abby just stares at him, huh? Daniel: "Are you voting for McCain? or are you voting for Obama...who takes babies and kills them!?" He wasn't trying to sway her vote or anything. LOL! Too funny! Hopefully as they get older maybe we can have some more educated conversations with our children about voting and politics.

No comments: