Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday I had to drive to RJC in Kent. Not a fun thing to do, but it wasn't totally miserable either. I was able to leave Abby and Daniel with my mom at the house so she could pick up Chandler and Katii from school as well. There was an accident on the freeway so I went through Sumner not wanting to take my chances as I was already late. The drive was beautiful! From my house all the way down through Sumner the leaves are gorgeous. I really enjoyed the quiet time in my mini-van to appreciate the beauty of fall. I absolutely love it! Fall is definitely my most favorite season. I feel like we really missed most of the beginning. I kept telling myself we would do all of it when we got back from vacation, but October just seemed to slip away. Note to self, prepare earlier next year.

Moving on to the good stuff...

When I went into the kitchen yesterday morning I found a cup that belongs to Daniel with a very strange mix of what appeared to be ice, water? and something blue and gooey all frozen together. Frustrated with another mess I tossed it into the sink and went off to clean somewhere else. Later, as Abby, D and I sat down to eat lunch, D says "Mom can I have the drink that Chandler made me?". Ah, I see the cup is starting to make sense now. I told him that I dumped it because it was gross and I didn't even know what was in it. Daniel's face is now visibly disappointed, frustrated and a little bit angry. He now declares "but Mom, I know what was in it! It was yogurt! (blue go-gurt) Chandler's teacher made it for him and he was making it for me and it's very healthy for you body and Mom, (here is the best part) I TRUST HIM!! (Lol) I had to restrain the giggles that wanted to come pouring out. I also had to apologize to D for dumping this marvelous and healthy drink that his brother so kindly made for him. My children really are wonderful. They argue and fight just like any others, but they really do love each other. I makes my heart so happy to see the moments when they are serving each other. When they help one another clean a room or make a bed. When one of them is thirsty and climbs a chair to get everyone a drink. I have a silent woohoo moment to myself knowing I am teaching them something right. Now is the perfect place to insert a photos of Abby and D showing each other love yesterday. I feel very blessed to capture it in photo. Hehe.
Daniel was watching his cartoons and rubbing his sister's back. As you can see she wasn't complaining.
That is until he stopped for a minute!

More fun and photos to come later today after I do something productive.


No comments: